We have no water

Raba runs catastrophically low. 224 cm and 4,3 m3/s the whole week. That's a result of premature hot summer in April and May. But, water below dam is still very cold, +6,5 / +7 C.
I fished early in the morning, and it was very slow.  My gear of choice was Ego Glass rod 7'8" 4wt with OPST Commando 175 skagit head, 7'5" floating tip and 7' tapered leader. I tried few streamers, black and purple wooly buggers, white zonker.


Only one fish seduced on purple wooly bugger with pink head.


There was a hatch of small insects, but I didn't see surface activity. Only one big trout jumped near the opposite bank with loud and spectacular splash.

Later, I tried Czech nymph without success. Floating pieces of grass in the river made it harder, I need to clean my flies from the grass on every cast. Quite annoying.


I fished until 8:30, and went home. Praying for the rain and higher level.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1